PM Modi shared his puja greetings in Bengali and appealed to the people to adhere to social distancing norms. Also to wear face masks while taking part in the festivities.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday virtually address the people of West Bengal on the occasion of Durga Puja. He asserts that the Centre’s vision of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan (self-reliant India) would be strengthened from Bengal.
Beginning his address, PM Modi shared his puja greetings in Bengali. He appealed to the people to adhere to social distancing norms and wear face masks while taking part in the festivities. PM Modi says about women empowerment and women in the country must be given the respect people give to Goddess Durga.
“In the 21st century, our vision of Atmanirbhar Bharat, ‘self- reliant India’, will strengthen from the land of Bengal. We have to take Bengal’s culture, pride, progress to newer heights.
Also ensuring a speedy development for the people of Bengal through various schemes. We are doing everything to lessen the problems of people of Bengal and improve their lifestyle. We have adopted the vision of Purbaday to develop Eastern India. West Bengal has to play an important role to make our vision a success,” the PM said in his over 20-minute address.
The top qoutes addressed by PM Modi
* In this festive season, markets are bright again but we need to remember that the lockdown might have ended but Covid-19 still persists.
* Most of us are stepping out of our homes every day to fulfill our responsibilities, to speed up life again. This season of festivals is also slowly returning to the markets.
* With efforts of every Indian over the last 7-8 months, India is in a stable situation but we must not let it deteriorate.
* It is festival time and a period of happiness; even small negligence can bring us grief.
* Today, the recovery rate in the country is good. The fatality rate is low. 5,500 people out of every 10 lakh population in India are infected, whereas in countries like the US & Brazil this figure is around 25,000.
* Recently, we saw many photos & videos which clearly proved that people have lowered their guard. This isn’t right. If you step out without mask, you put your families at risk. We must remember – whether it is America or Europe, cases decline and then there was a sudden spike.
* Our fight against Covid-19 should not weaken till we get the vaccine.
* India has a facility of more than 90 lakh beds for Covid-19 patients. There are 12,000 quarantine centres, around 2000 Corona testing labs. Number of tests will cross 10 crores soon. In our fight against COVID, rise in the number of tests has been our strength.