With the rise in Covid-19 cases, MHA on Wednesday has come up with new set of guidelines for States and UTs. Besides, the guidelines will come into effect from December 1 and will remain in force till December 31. Also, the rise of Covid cases in Maharashtra and Delhi is the reason behind implementation of new guidelines.
Gujarat and Punjab have imposed night curfew in the Covid affected cities. According to ministry of home and affairs(MHA), local district police and municipal authorities will be in charge of implementing the measures in affected areas. Besides, States and UTs will have a permission to impose night curfew if necessary.
“After consulting with Center, State can impose local lockdown outside the containment zone. And, States as well as UTs must monitor containment zones”, said MHA.
Permission for activities inside/outside of the containment zones:
- People will have permission for important activities.
- Police will be monitoring movement of people in and outside the containment zone. Besides, people will not have permission to roam outside, except for medical emergency and supply of essential goods and services.
- Testing will be done, according to the protocols.
- Surveillance teams will keep an eye on houses.
- Listings of contacts shall be carried out in respect of all the persons found positive, along with their tracking, identification, quarantine and follow up of contacts for 14 days.
- Isolation of Covid-19 patients shall be ensured in treatment facilities/home.
- Clinical interventions as prescribed, shall be administered.
- Awareness shall be created in the communities on Covid-19 appropriate behaviour.
Everyone must wear masks and maintain hygiene, social distancing. Besides, if a person will not follow these measures then the States can impose fines on it. Ministry will soon introduce SoPs to ensure that people are maintaining social distancing in markets, local bazars and transports.
States and UTs will apprise people to abide by social distancing in offices as well. Offices in cities, where the positivity rate is more than 10% will need to change timings of the employees. They will have to provide different office timings to employees, so that they doesn’t attend office at the same time. Rules regarding gatherings, Cinema halls will remain same.
ALSO READ: eVIN for distribution of Covid-19 vaccines