The year 2021 will see a number of strong women-oriented films. Filmmakers are no longer banking only on male actors for box office success. While Kajol’s Tribhanga will release on an OTT platform, all the others are eyeing for a big screen release this year.
Women centric film to release are
1) Tedhi Medhi Crazy: Kajol has proven that she can shoulder the responsibility of a film solely. From Dushman in 1998 to Helicopter Eela in 2015, she has played several strong roles. In her upcoming film Tribhanga: Tedhi Medhi Crazy, Kajol has directed by the talented woman filmmaker Renukha Shahane. She has also written it. The film is produce by Kajol’s husband Ajay Devgn. The film also stars Tanvi Azmi and Mithila Palkar in leading roles. Tribhanga is a social issue drama film set in Mumbai. It revolves around a dysfunctional family of three women and their unconventional life choices. Also, the title of the film is derive from an Indian classical dance pose, which is describe as imperfect but beautiful, quite like the lives of the three women in the film. The film will release on January 15, 2021 on Netflix.
2) Madam Chief Minister: Richa Chadha plays a very powerful role in the film Madam Chief Minister. Produced by T-Series Films and Kangra Talkies, the film projects Richa as a political leader from a weaker section of society. She defies all odds to scale new heights of political success in Uttar Pradesh. Although the makers claim the plot to be fictional. But Richa’s character and life shown in the film seems to be similar to Uttar Pradesh’s former Chief Minister and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) president, Mayawati. The film will release on January 22.
These Women-oriented films has strong women character
3) Deepika Padukone in Shakun Batra’s untitled film: Although much has not been revealed about Shakun Batra’s film, Deepika Padukone will reportedly play a strong role and it is her film. All the way despite Siddharth Chaturvedi and Ananya Pandey in the cast. It was also reported that the film was written specially for her. As producer Karan Johar wanted to work with her for a long time. In an interview, Deepika had said, “Although the overall tonality of the film is slightly lighter than my last film. In terms of inner, emotional turmoil my character goes through, it’s quite challenging. The overall genre of the film is something we haven’t seen much in Indian cinema, it’s called domestic noir”. The release date of the film has not yet reveal.
4) Gangubai Kathiawadi: Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s upcoming film Gangubai Kathiawadi is all the way Alia Bhatt’s show. The heroine-oriented film is a biographical crime drama written by Utkarshini Vashishtha. It is produce by Bhansali and Jayantilal Gada under their respective banners. However, the film is based on a chapter of Hussain Zaidi’s book Mafia Queens of Mumbai and is about Gangubai Kothewali, the madam of a brothel in Kamathipura. The film is expect to be release around Diwali.
5) Rashmi Rocket: Taapsee Pannu will play a sprinter from Gujarat who rises from a Kutch village to become a national and international fast runner. However, Taapsee had trained hard to make herself fit for the role. She went through rigorous training at the gym as well as on the track. Direct by Akarsh Khurana and produced by Ronnie Screwvala, Neha Anand and Pranjal Khandhdiya, the sports film is expect to release in the second half of 2021.
6) Super Soldier: Katrina Kaif has roped in to play a superhero in Ali Abbas Zafar’s upcoming film Super Soldier. Touted as Bollywood’s first superhero film led by a female star, it does not have a hero opposite Katrina Kaif. The Bharat actress will undergo martial arts training and a lot of other prep before the film goes on the floor.